Saturday 23 July 2011

Final Images from shoot two


I thinnk this image is successful, I like how I was able to capture the legs (both also being visible) and still have the shutter speed low enough to show the movement of the figure (the blurring round the knees). The long depth of field shows the length of the space and the lines of tiles guide the eye down the space. The contrast between blacks and whites are good and it's a happy coincidence that the shoe is almost directly on top of the line which adds more focus to the photograph.


This is a portrait version of the one above, I'm hoping to decide to pick which one will fit my series better (whether it goes more landscape or portrait). Both I think are equally successful. What I like specifically about this image is the exit sign and an arrow pointing in the direction the person is travelling. It is identification/reminder that this is a subway and could tie my series together well, as this is a picture which shows only a narrow piece of the space and could otherwise sit lost in my series.


Even though this is a typical deep narrow shot of a tunnel, I really like this shot. I believe it has some originallity. It clearly shows the beauty of the geometric patterns on the walls of the subway and I really like the added detail at the stop of the photo (the shape of the subway ceiling). The light down the centre of the picture makes the picture not only look very symmetrical but I think adds a 3D effect so it doesn't look so flat. This is a really classically designed subway and I think this photo effectively shows the beauty, yet still focussing on an arrea within the general space. I am however not totally convinced it would be able to fit in with my series well because it could look a little too flat against the other images and it doesn't have a person in it which I think could be a major focus as to what ties my images together.


This is one of my favourite shots. I love the curvy and unstructured reflections in the glass and how that contrasts with the structured lines of the glass framing and classical design interior. The focus lies equally with the bright round light and the space of the subway. I think that adding the person into the frame adds imporatant detail by carrying the theme of people within my photos and the part of my proposal which is on how people use the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment