Tuesday 9 August 2011

Proposal for Project 2 - Time

For this project on time I want to look at two different aspects of time and some how connect them through photographs. It is not a solid concept yet as I do not know how effective or understanding the photographs will be. I want to explore how doors/doorways represent time as something that leads you to change or unexpectancy of what might be behind the door. It could quite possibly open to another mode of time or another time in history. In my photography exploration I would like to think that my photos show that the doors open to a place of slow moving time (long exposure), of movement and the processes which takes place in the transition of a body. I want to create traces of movement that you would not otherwise see. In our eyes we only ever see the ending pose, the result, but we do not ever see the process or movement in which the dancer goes to, to get the end pose or pause in transition. Through this movement and process shown by the long exposure, It represents time, it may be short - but a glimpse into the transition of movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment