Sunday 28 August 2011

Shoot One finals


I really like this shot because it portrays a great sense of motion and energy. It is action and fluid from left to right. I like the composition of this shot, but I think the lighting and exposure is a bit off (as you can see the ends of branches go blue). The white balance is a bit off possibly. I found as I was taking these photos that the colour yellow comes through really well and may connect the series together - if I dont go through with changing the saturation to something that best fits a nostalgic feel.


This shot is a bit dark but it relates well to the first shot as it shows the playing and exploration through the playground. I think a re-shoot of this photo would be wise, and I will definitely need to take it when it is sunny and a positive look on the playground and time. It will make my photos look more effective and bold. I am also worried that the photo looks too similar in technique, but i guess there are greater differencesin the way the photo looks and that it still relates to time and people within a playground - exploration.

What I was trying to achieve with photo didn't really work, I don't like composition and the angle I'm taking the photo at. This photo shows play and exploration but in a way more ghostly way where there isn't much of a trace of human in this photo at all. I was trying to gradually fade out the figure, where they would be still visible (way more than the figure is in the photo). I tried a number of ways to do it, but because there are trees in the background, all of the layers would create an unnatural blurry background. I would like to re-take this photo from a diiferent angle and make sure there isn't anything distracting in the background to change or distort the photo when I place the layers on top of each other.


This photo shows successfully a focus I could possibly use for my series - hands. This is very flat though, and now I'm not sure if I even want to continue to focus on hands because I think it might just be an uneccessary element to my series as it is already based on playgrounds, the exploration in them and the time factor of exploration which is conveyed through various photoshop techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment