Tuesday 30 August 2011

Two Artist models I'd like to follow in technique


Miguel Rio Branco:    Most of his photographs use the technique of showing the figure in a ghostly manner, highlighting the essence on someone being in a position, but not there anymore. I like this effect and have looked at many other photos he has taken using this technique. I think it will fit well with the aspect of time I'm dealling with and I want to use it in one of my photos where a figure is sliiding down a slide and looks like they are 'disappearing'.


Jean Gaumy: Jean experiments with moments in time and sacrifices composition in some shots to capture these moments. In this photograph particularly I really feel the emotion, moment and movement the figures are caught up in. I think the focus on the parts of the young men which are moving the most are captured very nicely. It is like Jean makes the point of it being unnecessary to capture the whole body, and the importance lies in the source of the movement (the legs). I would like to experiment with this technique of cropping and a 'moment shot' for one of my photographs as Jean does in this photograph.  

No comments:

Post a Comment